The Mirror of Erised
Harry was so close to the mirror now that his nose was nearly touching that of his reflection.
“Mom?” he whispered. “Dad?”
They just looked at him, smiling. And slowly, Harry looked into the faces of the other people in the mirror, and saw other pairs of green eyes like his, other noses like his, even a little old man who looked as though he had Harry’s knobbly knees — Harry was looking at his family, for the first time in his life.
The Potters smiled and waved at Harry and he stared hungrily back at them, his hands pressed flat against the glass as though he was hoping to fall right through it and reach them. He had a powerful kind of ache inside him, half joy, half terrible sadness.
tagged as: Harry Potter. the mirror of erised. harry potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone. HP. daniel radcliffe. always. book. love.
- emmyloveschocolate likes this
- fiercewhore likes this
- thenerdygirl2 reblogged this from katiegkoolgeek
- thenerdygirl2 likes this
- princefluffybutt reblogged this from katiegkoolgeek
- katiegkoolgeek reblogged this from bobbythewhale
- soyciclista reblogged this from bobbythewhale
- soyciclista likes this
- oddlifee likes this
- goldnigata likes this
- bobbythewhale reblogged this from cold-prospekts and added:
- cold-prospekts reblogged this from bobbythewhale
- darkthestars likes this
- dearestforsaken reblogged this from bobbythewhale
- contributingmore reblogged this from autumnsoliloquy
- autumnsoliloquy reblogged this from bobbythewhale
- indigostate likes this
- budotty likes this
- ernie-t-cat likes this
- speakthewritelanguage likes this
- orellanac reblogged this from bringmethestorm
- thomasbenedictvintage reblogged this from bobbythewhale
- thomasbenedictvintage likes this
- kanser69 reblogged this from bringmethestorm
- along-came-happiness reblogged this from bringmethestorm
- melancolie-bleue likes this
- bringmethestorm likes this